Summer doesn’t have to mean higher energy bills! Not only does summertime bring changes to the weather, but soon, SDG&E customers will see a change in how they are billed for electricity. Last year, the California Public Utilities Commission approved a new electric rate structure statewide. For SDG&E customers, this will result in a consolidation of the current 3 tier structure, down to 2 tiers. How these changes may affect a customer’s electric bill will depend on their energy use, where they live and whether they are enrolled in a bill discount program like California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE). Stay informed — read more about this statewide rate reform initiative at: http://www.sdge.com/RateReform/.
Here are some solutions that can help you save money this summer:
- A pool can be cool but don’t let it soak you. Find ways to save money: http://bit.ly/1soAGGj
- Cool your jets. Just go to @SDGE’s Marketplace for pool pump rebates worth up to $250 between now and July 5: https://marketplace.sdge.com/pool-pumps/
- Tune up your AC now so you can be a cool cat all summer long. Check out @SDGE’s AC Quality Care Program: http://www.sdge.com/save-money/ac- quality-care
- Watch this video for some cool tips! https://youtu.be/KYZHhptFOFQ
- Save energy while you’re chillin’ at home: http://www.sdge.com/summer/summer-savings- tips-your- home
- Hot tip! Turn back your thermostat 7-10 degrees for 8 hours per day and save up to 10% a year!