In addition to Halloween, did you know that October is Fire Prevention Month? Living in Southern California means living with fire, earthquakes and other potential emergencies. Emergencies can be downright scary! So carve out some time to create your Power Plan.
Our partner, San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) offers these safety tips and solutions that will not only help you be better prepared in the event of an emergency, they just may save you some money on your energy bill. Don’t be left in the dark!
Here are some tools to consider when putting together your power plan:
- Make your plan should there be an emergency: http://bit.ly/2deRnkp
- If you or someone you know is facing a medical diagnosis that requires heat and/or air-conditioning, take a look at SDG&E’s Medical Baseline Program: http://bit.ly/2bjHj4F
- Trick out your smart phone with SDG&E’s free mobile app! It gives you 24/7 access to bill payment, payment locations, outage maps and even a calculator for what appliances cost to use. http://bit.ly/2ciuY0D
- Consider purchasing a portable generator for your home. Before you do, be sure to view SDG&E’s 5-minute video on how to set up one safely: http://bit.ly/2d3kJid
- Mind your mummy – safety first! Schedule your free in-home gas safety check before the cold weather arrives. http://bit.ly/2cWRFvA
Be safe and have a spooktacular October!